Types of Service
Preston Bass Interpreting Services, LLC is able to provide for the communication/interpreting needs for Deaf and/or hard-of-hearing clients that you have:
- American Sign Language
- CHI – Certified Hearing Interpreters
- CDI – Certified Deaf Interpreters
- Signed English
- Tactile (Deaf/Blind)
- Oral Translation
- Real Time Captioning
Interpreters provided by Preston Bass Interpreting Services, LLC are certified by any of the following:
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID)
- National Association of the Deaf (NAD)
- Boys Town Educational Interpreters Performance Assessments
- Various state quality assurance certificates
- Preston Bass Interpreters are registered in the state of Nevada, and are in full compliance with Nevada State Law NRS 656A
Charges for the services are competitive for your area. Rates will vary depending on the type of service and availability. Contact us for an estimate.
Unless negotiated, the standard for services will be a team of two (2) interpreters for sessions longer than 2 hours. Otherwise, the decision to adjust the team policy will be made by the parties involved.
Preston Bass Interpreting Services, LLC is affiliated with the following organizations:
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
- National Association of the Deaf
- Conference of Interpreter Trainers
- Children of Deaf Adults International
- Nevada Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
- Southern California Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
- Nevada Association of the Deaf
- Southern Nevada Coalition of Organizations of the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing
Caroline Preston Bass owns Preston Bass Interpreting Services, LLC. She is a native signer and has more than 40 years of professional experience as a nationally certified interpreter. She holds a M.A. degree in Special Education area of Deafness; Administration and Supervision. She currently is Lead Faculty at the College of Southern Nevada, Department of International Languages, Deaf Studies Unit. She has maintained memberships in and actively supports the National Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf by taking a leadership role and serves on national, state, and local committees.
Caroline Preston Bass holds the following certifications from the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf:
Interpreters used by Preston Bass Interpreting Services, LLC are independent contractors and are not employees. All are registered with the state of Nevada as per state law NRS 656A.
Preston Bass Interpreting Services, LLC is insured and licensed.